Wednesday, May 02, 2007

About The Chronicles of Narnia

Finally I finished reading the first book of The Chronicles of Narnia, The Magician's Nephew, by C.S. Lewis. I spent a little more of a month reading it. Over the last month I didn't have much time to read, because I had a lot of work. In fact I read mostly while on my way to and from work. I had a good time reading it, and I laughed a lot.

I hadn't had the opportunity to read much fantasy, much less for kids. It was very fun because I felt like a child. Despite of Mike, who insisted in that I should have begun with the second book, I preferred to begin with the first, trusting in the publisher. He said that it wasn't the correct order -- the order that the author wrote the series -- and that I shouldn't know certain things before reading the other books. Now I really don´t know if I was right or not.

If one day I decide to finish the series maybe I'll have a different opinion.

I found some many Christian references in the story, but that is very common in stories for kids. However, I enjoyed my adventure with Polly and Diggory.

No comments: